And Africa Co., Ltd and Its Franchises, trading under the name Easy Collect & Drop hereinafter referred to as “ECD”, provides services through its network of ECD points (ECD smart lockers and ECD partner stores) and door delivery services, including but not limited to parcel storage services and carriage services. We may increase or reduce our services without prior notification. By using services provided by ECD, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below.
- ECD (“we”, “us”, “our”) is a delivery service provider. We operate the website www.easycollectanddrop.com (“Website”) and the mobile phone applications (“App”) to provide services for our users (“Users”, “you”, “your”).
- ECD Points (if available in your region): Fixed points where the users can drop off and collect their parcels. It can be either a smart locker or Partner Store.
- Smart locker (if available in your region): a smart locker is a self-service automatic terminal consisting of locker cells controlled by a central terminal, allowing users and couriers to deliver to and collect from.
- ECD Partner Store (if available in your region): A store that has a partnership with ECD and use that store as a drop off or pick point for their parcels.
- Services: ECD provides services through its network of ECD Points, including but not limited to parcel storage (if available in your region) and delivery services. ECD only operates the smart lockers and courier service thus is not responsible for the other elements necessary to provide these services. We rely on our partners to provide these services.
- Partners: ECD is only responsible for the storage and delivery of your parcels. However, ECD may rely on its partners in delivery of our services. This includes but is not limited to our logistics partners and e-commerce partners.
- Users: users of Services provided by ECD
- ECD Franchise: A Franchise is a company managing ECD operations in a certain region.
- In order to use the ECD Services, you need to (1) be 18 or older, or be 13 or older and have your parent or guardian’s consent to the Agreements and (2) have the power to enter a binding contract with us and not be barred from doing so under any applicable law.
- ECD may need your Personal Information to provide our Services. By using our Services, you represent that any Personal Information that you submit to ECD is true, accurate, and complete, and you agree to receiving from ECD notifications necessary to us providing the Services for you.
- Use of Services
ECD and its Franchises reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deny access to and/or use of the ECD website or app to anyone at any given time and for any reason. While we endeavour to ensure that reasonable efforts are made to keep the website and app services accessible, the services may be unavailable from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that there may be interruptions to the services and/or use and access to your account due to circumstances such as routine maintenance and other circumstances outside of ECD’s control.
- The User shall pay all charges as and when they fall due in accordance with any relevant provisions in this Agreement.
- ECD reserves the right to suspend or withhold the Services until full payment of any outstanding overdue amount is received.
- ECD reserves the right to alter its charges at any given time.
- In the event of any dispute between ECD & its Franchises and the User relating to any charges billed to the User by ECD, the charges set out in the records of ECD shall be conclusive evidence of the charges incurred by the User.
- ECD and its Franchises and Partners shall have a lien on the User’s goods for all charges or payments to which ECD is entitled in connection with this Agreement. ECD and its Partners have the right but not the obligation to (a) retain the Goods until such charges and payments are settled or (b) dispose of the Goods.
- ECD Does not use or provide printed waybills or paper Proof of Delivery (POD), the delivery is complete using PIN codes provided to both Sender and Receiver. The customer can download and print their invoice on ECD platforms by themselves.
- Limitation of ECD services
- Any parcel that exceeds the reserved size or locker cell size or maximum weight of 20 kilograms (20,000 grams) for ECD points involved delivery and 50 kilograms (50,000 grams) for Door-to-Door delivery (ONLY) will not be carried by us and our partners nor stored in our smart lockers. Parcel sizes are displayed on our Website, App and our partner e-commerce websites.
- There are restrictions on the opening hours of some ECD points locations. Details of each location can be read on our Website, App and partner e-commerce websites before selecting a locker or ECD Partner Store. Operating time restrictions will also be displayed on each ECD Point name/ID.
- ECD locker case: Our lockers may be fully occupied. When this happens, we encourage you to try placing an order either later that same day or as early as possible on the day after.
- ECD will make reasonable efforts to keep our Services operational. However, certain technical difficulties or maintenance may result in temporary interruptions. ECD reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, functions and features of our Services.
- We reserve the right to modify and alter the procedures of using ECD Services.
- Refusal of Delivery or Storage
We reserve the right to reject parcels based on the limitations listed in this clause below or for any other reason we deem fit. ECD and its logistics partners may, at its absolute and sole discretion, decline to deliver any parcel where ECD and its logistics partners are of the opinion that it is unable to deliver any item safely or legally including, but not limited to the following items:
- items which are prohibited under any applicable law or regulations in your region or the country from which the item was shipped;
- fresh food or perishables that cannot be stored in normal temperature;
- explosives, firearms or other offensive weapons, flammable or hazardous materials, poisonous or infectious substances, blood or blood products (whether infectious or not), dangerous or undesirable goods;
- all items prohibited by the International Air Transport Association, the International Civil Aviation Organization or any relevant government authority or under any applicable law or regulation;
- human or animal remains;
- live animals;
- currency of any country, credit cards, debit cards or cash cards;
- personal documents issued by government authorities such as identification cards, passports, driver’s licences, birth certificates etc.;
- original copies of any record, drawing, document or electronic recording of which duplicates or copies have not been made and kept by you;
- documents containing substantial amount of confidential information;
- precious metals and stones;
- illegal narcotics or drugs;
- any package (or its contents thereof) of a value exceeding R10,000; and
- any package that is not properly packaged and/or sealed.
- Any Package that exceeds the declared size or the weight limits as in 7.2 and 7.3 and 5.1.
In the event that ECD or its Partners discovers that a parcel consists of any goods, items, products or materials referred to in this clause, ECD and its Partners reserve the right to dispose of the parcel and/or take appropriate action at your own cost, including reporting to the appropriate governmental or statutory authority and shall notify you of the disposal or such action within a reasonable period from the disposal.
The order of rejected parcel will be cancelled by ECD and will not be subject to refund if any of the points above apply. ECD will not refund the delivery fee because the cancellation is due to violation of ECD Term’s and Conditions.
By booking a delivery order with ECD the customer is fully responsible for the content of their parcel and would be held accountable for adding any prohibited items (as mentioned above) to their parcel.
- Delivery – Canellation – Refun Policy
- ECD proposes 4 different of services: Door-to-Door, Door-to-ECD point, ECD point-to-Door and ECD point-to-ECD point.
- The parcel size & Weight chart – Door to Door delivery:
- S: Less than 432W x 460D x 145H mm and less than 3kg
- M: Less than 432W x 460D x 296H mm and less than 8kg
- L: Less than 432W x 460D x 448H mm and less than 12kg
- XL: Less than 432W x 460D x 598H mm and less than 20kg
- XXL: Less than 800W x 800D x 800H mm and less than 35kg
- XXXL: Less than 1200W x 1200D x 1200H mm and less than 50kg
- The parcel size & Weight chart – ECD Points involved delivery:
- S: Less than 432W x 460D x 145H mm and less than 3kg
- M: Less than 432W x 460D x 296H mm and less than 8kg
- L: Less than 432W x 460D x 448H mm and less than 12kg
- XL: Less than 432W x 460D x 598H mm and less than 20kg
- Delivery Turn Around Time in a domestic region for regular service: the average delivery time is 24 hours after placing an order for Door-to-Door, Door-to-ECD point services and 24 hours after depositing the parcel at the ECD point chosen by the sender for ECD point-to-Door and ECD point-to-ECD point services.
- Delivery Turn Around Time in a domestic region for express service: the average delivery time is the number of hours mentioned when you book your delivery after placing an order for Door-to-Door, Door-to-ECD point services and the number of hours mentioned when you book your delivery after depositing the parcel at the ECD point chosen by the sender for ECD point-to-Door and ECD point-to-ECD point services. the number of hours for express service varies from one region to another.
- Delivery Turn Around Time Nationwide (outside your domestic region): the average delivery time is 5 work days (Holidays and Weekends not included) after picking up an order for Door-to-Door, Door-to-ECD point services, and 5 work days (Holidays and Weekends not included after depositing the parcel at the ECD point chosen by the sender for ECD point-to-Door and ECD point-to-ECD point services.
- ECD Locker delivery case: The user must drop off your parcel within 24 hours after booking an ECD locker to avoid order cancellation. We do not bear any responsibility nor are we obliged to refund orders cancelled due to failure to place the parcel in the ECD locker before the 24 hours limit.
- ECD Locker delivery case: The user must pick up your parcel within 48 hours after your parcel is placed in our Lockers. If you fail to collect your parcel within 48 hours, your parcel may be returned to a redemption centre and extra storage or other charges may apply at your own cost.
- If the customer requests to cancel an order after completing the payment due to reasons unrelated to ECD (e.g., personal reason, unavailability, failure to understand ECD terms & conditions and services descriptions…etc.), ECD is not required and will not refund the delivery fees already paid by the customer, even if the order is not fulfilled.
- Orders cancellation is only accepted if the parcel is not picked up by ECD driver yet.
- Only ECD staff can cancel orders, the customer should contact ECD customer support to request order cancellation.
- If delivery failed for any reason, we will notify you within 7 business days after delivery failure. In the event that you do not provide instructions regarding the appropriate action to be taken within a period of 30 days after ECD has notified you of a delivery failure, the Parcel may be disposed of by ECD at its sole discretion but at your costs and no refunds will be processed.
10. Cancellation and Refund policy in BOTSWANA:
The following terms apply for orders placed with Botswana franchise
- To cancel a collection, please call Botswana support team on +267 72949236.
- If collection is cancelled more than 24 hours before the requested collection window, a full refund will be made.
- If collection is cancelled within 24 hours of the requested collection window, a refund will be made minus a P7.50 admin fee.
- Once a collection has taken place, payment cannot be refunded. The delivery can be cancelled, however there will be additional charges to have the consignment returned.
- If delivery failed for any reason, we will notify you with 3 business days after delivery failure. In the event that you do not provide instructions regarding the appropriate action to be taken within a period of 30 days after being notified of delivery failure, the parcel will be disposed and no refunds will be issued.
- If your consignment is damaged in transit we will refund the carriage charges in full.
- For any events outside these circumstances, such as technical faults, refunds will be given at the discretion of the management.
- Any claims for damage to and/or loss of the parcel must be made within 14 days from the date on which ECD or the ECD franchise in question accepts the parcel for storage, failing which ECD shall have no liability whatsoever.
- All claims must be made by mail, facsimile or email and accompanied by a copy of the invoice and other supporting documents requested by ECD or/and by ECD Franchise.
- Claims are subject to clause i and other terms in this Agreement.
- Limitation of Liabilities
ECD and Its Franchises shall not be liable for issues, loss or damage arising from or in connection with the following circumstances.
- You have filled in incorrect Addresses or/and Personal Information when you use our Services;
- You have filled in incorrect parcel information
- You have requested to cancel your delivery after completing the order due to reasons from your side, the fees will not be refunded in that case.
- You have deleted your ECD account: ECD can no longer have access to your past records. ECD will not process any claims or refunds in that case.
- The pickup or drop off of the parcel delayed or cancelled due to the Sender and/or Recipient unavailability or circumstances.
- You are not entitled to use ECD Services. e.g. your purchases are not from our partner-commerce or carried by ECD or our logistics partners;
- Failure to drop off the parcel in ECD lockers before the 24 hours limit (As a sender) or pick it up before the 48 hours limit (As a Recipient) in case of ECD Locker delivery.
- ECD or ECD Franchise’s failure to perform any of its obligations hereunder as a consequence of circumstances outside its control, including without limitation any act of God such as weather conditions, flood or earthquake, work stoppages, strikes, industrial disputes, war, any act of government (including delay or confiscation or detention of the Delivery Item by government authority), accidents, traffic obstructions or congestion, mechanical breakdown, or other events; or
- Your Parcel consists of any goods, items, products or materials referred to in Clause e above.
ECD and ECD Franchise’s liability shall in all cases be limited to direct damages suffered by the Customer and ECD and ECD Franchise’s entire aggregate liability in connection with this Agreement shall be limited to the aggregate cost of your parcels in the transaction concerned or R10,000 per transaction, whichever is lower.
ECD and ECD Franchises shall under no circumstances be liable for any loss (whether direct or indirect) of revenue, loss of profits or any consequential loss whatsoever as a result of the Services provided or for whatever reason under this Agreement.
- On-Demand Liability Cover Option
10.1. In the event that the Customer has NOT indicated, while making an order, and on their invoice, that assumption
of liability and on-demand Liability Cover is required, ECD and ECD Franchises shall not responsible for assumption of liability of any order delivered with ECD and ECD Franchises.
10.2. In the event that the Customer has indicated, while making an order, and on their invoice, that assumption of
liability and on-demand Liability Cover is required, an additional fee shall be charged for assumption of liability which shall be payable by the Sender/Customer to ECD and ECD Franchises.
10.3. In the event that the Customer has indicated on the invoice that assumption of liability by ECD and ECD Franchises is required and checked the on-demand Liability Cover option but no value is declared or otherwise, an additional fee will apply depending on your region and the refund amount shall not exceed 150USD.
10.4. In the event that the Customer has indicated on the invoice that assumption of liability by ECD and ECD Franchises is required and checked the on-demand Liability Cover option, the fees for on-demand Liability Cover are explicitly shown in the parcel information page of your ECD app. The fees vary depending on the region.
10.5. In the event the customer opts for the liability cover option as mentioned above, ECD and ECD franchise shall be obligated to reimburse the declared value of the goods being transported in case the goods were damaged due to ECD team’s fault.
- ECD Partners
By using Services provided by ECD and ECD Franchises, you are also agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of our partners. We do not control the Terms and Conditions of our Partners. Different terms than those stated in this Agreement may apply. We advise you to visit their website and familiarise yourself with their Terms and Conditions. Our Partners may also collect personal information to facilitate them providing you with their services. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to information collected directly by our Partners.
Parcels are carried at the risk of our logistics partners and ECD and ECD Franchises accepts no responsibility in tort or contract or otherwise for any loss or destruction of, or damage to, or missed delivery or failure to deliver, or delay in delivery of goods either in transit or in storage, whatever the reason.
We rely on our logistics partners to deliver our courier services. We are not responsible for any loss caused by the negligence of our logistics partners.
- Personal Privacy & Data
- You agree to your Personal Information being gathered, processed, used and shared with our partners for the purpose of providing our services. Your information may also be shared to the relevant authority at the request for purposes including but not limited to crime prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution. Your Personal Information includes but is not limited to your name, email address, mobile phone number, mailing address, credit or debit card information, parcel contents and images captured by our CCTVs when using our lockers. We may also collect your Personal Information when you contact our customer support.
- You can delete your ECD and ECD Franchises account anytime. Deleting your account due to any reason entitles that all your ECD data will be deleted. We will not be able to recover your past records or ECD and ECD Franchises history, including past deliveries, top-up balance, saved information…etc., after the user delete their account.
- Governing Law
Any dispute, controversy, difference or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, including the existence, validity, interpretation, performance, breach or termination thereof or any dispute regarding non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to it shall be referred to and finally resolved by any Magistrates or High Court in Your country under the relevant jurisdiction and/or legislation in force when notice is submitted to the courts.
- Force Majeure and other events
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, a party shall not be liable for any failure to fulfil an obligation under this Agreement (other than an obligation to pay any fees) if such a fulfilment is delayed, prevented, restricted or interfered with for any reason as a result of a causes beyond its reasonable control, or which is not occasioned by its fault or negligence, including, but not limited to, war (declared or undeclared), riots or other acts of civil disobedience, insurrection, acts of God, restraints imposed by governments or other supranational legal authority or any other industrial or trade disputes, fires, explosions, storms, floods, lightening, earthquakes, natural calamities, or telecommunication network outages or degradation, or any other event which prevents or restricts access to a location which ECD and ECD Franchises requires in order to perform the Services (“Force Majeure”).
The party whose performance has been or is being affected by a Force Majeure shall make reasonable commercial efforts to mitigate the effect of the Force Majeure, and to carry out its obligations as soon as practicable after the removal of the Force Majeure.
- Entire Agreement
This Agreement embodies the entire understanding between the parties, and there are no promises, terms, conditions or obligations (oral or written, expressed or implied) other than those contained in this Agreement. No change or addition may be made to this Agreement except in writing signed by duly authorized representatives of both parties.
If any provisions of this Agreement shall be construed to be illegal or invalid, they shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the other provisions of this Agreement. The illegal or invalid provision(s) shall be deleted from this Agreement and no longer incorporated in this Agreement but all other provisions of this Agreement shall continue.
- Changes to Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes at any time to any part of our Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of our services after any changes in this Terms & Conditions will constitute your acceptance of such change.
Except as expressly specified in these Terms and Conditions, you agree that you shall not;
- Modify and/or make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile and/or reverse engineer any part of the ECD website or app,
- Licence, host, reproduce, assign, republish, sublicence, or in any way commercially exploit the services, in whole or in part,
- Frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, images, text, page layout of the website or app,
- Use any manual or automated software, devices or other processes including but not limited to robots, scrapes, crawlers, spiders, data mining tools to scrape and/or download data from any page contained on the website or app,
- Remove and/or destroy any copyright notices and/or other proprietary markings contain on the ECD website or app,
- Run any form of auto-responder and/or spam on the ECD website or app,
You hereby forever discharge and release us, our affiliates and each of our and their respective employees, contractors, directors & representatives from and hereby waive and relinquish, each and very past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, and/or that relates to the services, the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user, any injury, loss or damage caused by another user and any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation and/or destruction and/or unauthorized access to and/or alteration of the services users’ communications.
- Contact Us
If you have questions about our Terms & Conditions, You can contact ECD team in your region by accessing the following page: https://www.easycollectanddrop.com/contact-us/
You can also contact ECD Global team at email@example.com.